Naturally Yours chickpea Pasta is a gluten-free pasta which is a rich source of plant based proteins, fiber and minerals. Studies have shown that legume based pastas contain four times the amount of fibre found in traditional pasta and about one third less carbohydrates. The amino acids found in legumes aid cell repair and muscle and tissue growth.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GLUTEN FREE CHICKPEA PASTA
- Rich source of both fiber as well as proteins,
- it is extremely filling, which in turn prevents overeating thus making it a good option for weight management and weight loss
- Excellent source of plant based proteins.
- Ideal gluten free alternative for conventional pasta.
HOW TO COOK GLUTEN FREE CHICKPEA PASTA
- Take about 2L of water in a large pan and boil on high heat. Add a tsp of salt in it.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, add Naturally Yours Chickpea Pasta.
- Stir once to make sure that the pasta is not sticking together or to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to boil on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water returns to a rolling boil (about 2 minutes)
- Once the water begins to bubble and foam, you may wish to turn down the temperature a bit to keep it from boiling over
- Boil for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Test a piece of pasta to see whether it is the texture you’re looking for (cooked but still a bit firm)
- Drain the water and keep the pasta aside. Rinse it and then toss it with a bit of oil to make sure that the pasta doesn’t stick to itself
- Toss it together with your choice of pasta sauce and sauted vegetables for a wholesome meal.